Charlie is an experienced foundation consultant and nonprofit volunteer. We rely on him for advice about grantees and recommendations for foundation strategy and business processes. He also has responsibility at the foundation for a portfolio of human and social services grantees and helps with funding recommendations to our board. He brings
- 45 years of higher education experience as a professor, administrator, and most recently provost and vice president for academic affairs at the University of St. Thomas;
- experience in corporate and foundation relations; and
- long-range and strategic planning.
Charlie is an active member of his church community at the Church of St. Cecilia in St. Paul where he has served as
- parish council member,
- chaired their faith formation and building committees, and
- with his wife as lay missionaries to the diocese of Kingstown, St. Vincent, and the Grenadines.
He was a volunteer on the implementation committee at St. Paul’s Monastery and with Twin Cities Habitat for Humanity. He is currently the board chair at Academia Cesar Chavez Charter School in St. Paul.
Charlie earned his undergraduate degree in Physics from the University of Scranton and holds a master’s and doctorate from Harvard. Charlie has four grown children and five grandchildren, forming a convenient and formidable team for their annual International Coconut Classic soccer match. He lives with his wife in Roseville, Minnesota.