The Richard M. Schulze Family Foundation supports health and medicine issues. Our current advisor is Dr. Jakub Tolar, University of Minnesota.
The Foundation rarely funds biomedical research but when it does it involves regenerative medicine. The foundation is interested in short-term, in-clinic treatment positively impacting patients and their families.
Dr. Jakub Tolar
Originally from the Czech Republic, Jakub Tolar received his medical education in Prague at the Charles University. In 1992, he came to the University of Minnesota, where he completed his PhD in Molecular, Cellular & Developmental Biology and Genetics.
Dr. Tolar is Dean of the Medical School. He is also:
- distinguished McKnight Professor in the Department of Pediatrics, Blood and Marrow Transplantation,
- director of the Stem Cell Institute,
- the Edmund Wallace Tulloch & Anna Marie Tulloch Chair in Stem Cell Biology, Genetics & Genomics,
- graduate faculty in the Microbiology, Immunology and Cancer Biology (MICaB) Program,
- graduate faculty in the Molecular, Cellular, and Developmental Biology and Genetics (MCDB&G) Program, and
- the Stem Cell Biology (SCB) Program.