Steve is a managing partner, business group chair, and member of the Executive Board at Robins Kaplan LLP. His practice and experience focus on commercial/project finance and real estate, corporate finance, and securities. His practice includes the representation of:
- national and regional developers and tenants,
- pension fiduciaries,
- limited liability companies,
- individuals, and
- other entities.
Steve is involved in all aspects of commercial real estate, including industrial, retail, office, multifamily, and hotel transactions. This includes the negotiation, documentation, and closing of complex financing, acquisition, development, leasing, and sale transactions. His specific experience is:
- structuring of acquisition and financing transactions,
- acquisition of complex debt transactions,
- drafting and negotiation of acquisition and financing documents,
- development and exclusivity restrictions,
- evaluation and resolution of site, development, and environmental issues, and
- drafting of reciprocal easement agreements.
Steve was named a “Minnesota Super Lawyer,” Super Lawyers (2011-2013). He is listed in The Best Lawyers in America (2010-2018 editions) and on Lawdragon’s “100 Managing Partners You Need to Know” list (2008). He has a B.A. from the University of Minnesota and a J.D. from William Mitchell College of Law.