Human & Social Services Grantee Highlights
All of our grantees do great and valuable work and we like to share their stories when we can. Below are links to stories about five of our Human & Social Services grantees and the work they've each done this past year.
- My Very Own Bed
- Way to Grow is Great by Eight
- Fairview Foundation's Youth Grief Services Help Children Cope with Grief
- Healthier Choices at PRISM's Marketplace Food Shelf
- Catholic Charities Kicks off First Phase of Construction
- Bonita Springs Florida Middle School Food Pantry
Most of our highlighted stories are written based on our grantee's follow up reports. If you are proud of your funding outcomes and have a story you'd like us to share, please be sure to call our attention to it in your follow up report.
In the meantime, thanks for all the good work you do!
Bonita Springs Food Pantry
Two hundred forty-eight middle school youth received supplemental food to fill family meal gaps at home;
Over 100 families experienced increased access to fresh meat, fruits, and vegetables;
Two hundred thousand pounds of fresh food was distributed and 30% of this food was used in markets and mobile school pantries; and
Referrals were made available to wellness opportunities through healthy cooking demos and providing healthy recipe ingredients.