RMSFF COVID-19 Relief
Thank you for your responsiveness to the communities you serve! We are so very aware of how hard you’re working and how resilient you seem to be in the face of our current challenges. Thank you also for, despite all of the things you are juggling, continuing to submit your follow up reports to us. We continue to think about all of you and appreciate the updates you send our way to let us know how you’re doing and we continue to explore ways in which we can be of help.
Board of Trustees Action
The Foundation has provided through early June $17.5 million in COVID-19 crisis assistance and support funds, accelerated $8 million in new and continuing grant awards to over 200 nonprofits in the Foundation’s portfolio located in Florida and Minnesota; and added flexibility in the midst of COVID-19 by allowing appropriate program grants to be shifted to general operating funds.
Emergency grants were provided to expand M Health Fairview COVID-19 care and surge capacity, to support nonprofits in FL and MN managing vital issues like food insecurity, housing, and other basic needs, including:
- $50,000 to the Minnesota Disaster Relief Fund;
- $150,000 to the Connected MN distance learning initiative created by Best Buy and MN Governor Walz; read the press release here.
- $5 million to an emergency fund supporting Best Buy employees impacted by COVID-19;
- Up to $1.2 million in challenge grants to assist in maintaining and growing enrollment in Twin Cities area Catholic elementary schools through the Catholic Schools Center of Excellence (CSCOE); and
- a $200,000 pledge to the Naples Children & Education Foundation for the development of an emergency app for Collier County residents to access emergency services at the push of a button on a mobile or computer device.
Our overarching goal is to be flexible with published timelines and to be available to work with our grantees to modify objectives, if necessary, in your outcomes reports. In that spirit, see the links below for changes effective immediately.
- Spring 2020 (awarded in April 2020) and Fall 2020 (awarded in September 2020) Grantee Information
- Fall 2019 (awarded in September 2019) Grantee Information
- Other Resources and Funding Opportunities
How we’re working these days
Following CDC and MN and FL Departments of Health guidelines, both Foundation offices in Minnesota & Florida continue to be open for the processing of grant payments, considered an essential service. Florida staff have returned to the office to do their work under certain guidelines; Minnesota staff continue to alternate on-site and remote working arrangements as needed. Processing for grant payments as well as LOI and Application review will continue uninterrupted.
Please bookmark and return to this landing page and watch your email for updates. Please also feel free to reach out to your program officer or any of us on staff with questions or concerns.
We wish you all health, hope, and increased patience as we work through these times together.