- Must be employed by Best Buy for at least one year at the time of the disaster
- Must be in close proximity to the disaster
- Must have personally experienced damage caused by a federally qualified disaster, defined below:
- be a Presidentially declared disaster, or
- result from terrorist or military actions, or
- result from an accident involving a common carrier, or
- be one that the Secretary of Treasury determines is catastrophic.
(Find all federally declared disasters here.)
- Must be able to demonstrate financial need for assistance.
- An employee may only apply once per disaster.
- An employee must apply within one year of the date the disaster is declared. (Employees may request aid from a disaster dating back to February 1 of 2016.)